This is a very Rare E Klepzig & Co. 38 caliber percussion Deringer of the Philadelphia style. In 1856 they were located at 212 Washington Street, San Francisco and in 1860 relocated to the corner of Battery and Oregon Streets, San Francisco. This one is listed in California Gunsmiths book, 1846-1900 page 149 by the late Lawrence Shelton. This has a nicely engraved lock, tang, hammer and trigger guard. All of the trim is silver and the barrel has two gold bands and a gold shield on the top of the grip. The mechanical function is very good, the wood is very good.